With Apple’s new campaign aimed at Android users, the company is somehow fanning the flames. It launched a microsite that details what it thinks are the reasons people should drop Android and
go to the dark side switch to iOS. Here are what Apple listed:
- It’s easy to switch to the iPhone. Download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store, and all your content — contacts, messages, photos, videos, and apps, among others — will be securely transferred. No need to save them elsewhere.
- The camera is as good as others say it is. Here, Apple boasts that more pictures are taken with the iPhone than any other camera in the world. In its own words: “We design the hardware and software together using second-to-none technology, so you can shoot amazing photos and videos.” But if camera-benchmarking site DxOMark would have its say, this Android phone would trump the iPhone in the camera department any day.
- The iPhone is fast. Several tests, including this one, have shown that the iPhone is faster than Android’s fastest. Custom-designed chips combined with the latest iOS updates makes using it feel fast and fluid.
- It’s easy to use. That’s because according to Apple, the iOS is designed to be both simple and intuitive.
- It helps protect your personal information. The company is all about privacy. It claims that unlike many other smartphones, important data on the iPhone is encrypted from the start and protected by a passcode.
- The Messages app is great. The app may be simple but it is powerful, Apple says. Because while its name may be Messages, it’s not just about those; it “also lets you hail rides, book restaurants, and even shoot lasers.”
- You can get help from a real person. Apple boasts an award-winning support team composed of “real human beings” whom you can contact via phone, chat, Apple Support app, or Twitter. Or you can also drop by an Apple Store. Not that there’s an Apple Store in the Philippines.
- You can switch at an Apple Store. If you happen to be in a place where there’s an Apple Store.
- Apple thinks about the environment all the time. Its data servers run on 100 percent renewable energy. And if and when you do make the switch, the Cupertino-based company will recycle your Android phone for you.
- You will love your iPhone. Apple claims that the iPhone has industry-leading satisfaction rates, citing 451 Research’s Q1 2017 study, which shows a 97 percent satisfaction rating among iPhone owners.
Android users, what say you?
Image via iPhones.ru