Realme announced several products in China today, May 25, and one of them is its first gaming-focused phone. Meet the Realme X50 Pro Player Edition, which we have written about here twice.
The device is part of the series that’s meant to make 5G accessible to all users. It started with the Realme X50, which we got to test a few months ago. And now this.
The Realme X50 Pro Player Edition has the bells and whistles of a performance smartphone, but none of the high price tag associated with it. In China, you can buy this Realme’s different versions for the following:
- 6GB/128GB: ¥2,699 (around P19,203 or $378)
- 8GB/128GB: ¥2,999 (P21,337 or $420)
- 12GB/128GB: ¥3,299 (P23,472 or $462)
Definitely affordable for a phone that supports 5G and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chip.
You get liquid cooling courtesy of graphite sheets placed between the rear panel and the battery, which should help prevent dissipate heat when you’re playing games.
There’s Dolby Atmos hi-res audio, dual speakers, a 360-degree surround antenna, HyperBoost 3.0 for boosting the device’s performance, and tactile vibration to make things feel more realistic during gaming.
The 6.44-inch Super AMOLED screen that has a 90Hz refresh rate for smoother gameplay and a 180Hz touch-sampling rate for a faster response from the display. The battery is not rated as high as some might think is ideal for a gaming smartphone, but charging is super-fast; it can go from 0% to 100% in around 35 minutes.
Elsewhere, the Realme X50 Pro Player Edition gets a 48-megapixel quad camera, 16- and 2-megapixel selfie cameras housed in a pill-shaped punch-hole, and Android 10 layered with Realme UI.
Realme X50 Pro Player Edition specs
- 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution (20:9), 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch-sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with 5G
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Quad 48-megapixel (main), 8-megapixel, f/2.4 (ultra wide), 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (mono/portrait), 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth) rear cameras
- Dual 16-megapixel (main), 2-megapixel (depth), front cameras
- Fingerprint reader (under display)
- 4,200mAh battery with 65-watt fast charging
- Realme UI based on Android 10
Share this Post