Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Make way for Vivo Philippines’ latest smartphone, as the company today launches its flagship model locally.
With the blind-preorder period ending today, May 21, we finally know that the global version of the Vivo X60 comes with a suggested retail price of P34,999, or roughly $730, and will be available nationwide starting tomorrow.
It is something worth checking out if you’re after a strong performer in the imaging department, as we stated in our review of this 5G-ready Vivo X60 series phone. Vivo has partnered with well-known German optics manufacturer Zeiss, after all. The unit is especially great for portraits, with the ZEISS Biotar Portrait Style being made available for the first time in Vivo handsets. Take a look at this picture of Filipina actress Rhian Ramons captured by photographer Xander Angeles on the X60.
Unlike its Samsung Exynos 1080-powered Chinese counterpart, the Vivo X60 for the international market gets a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chip, which is then paired with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. We’ve noticed that the SoC is more power-efficient than the more premium Snapdragon 888 processor.
The smartphone also features a 6.56-inch AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, a 4,300mAh battery that supports 33 watts of fast charging, and Android 11 layered with Funtouch 11.1. It doesn’t hurt that it’s pleasing — nay, make that VERY pleasing — to the eyes either.
Vivo X60 (global) specs
- 6.56-inch E3 AMOLED with punch-hole display, 2,376 x 1,080 resolution (20:9), 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch-sampling rate
- 7nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor with 5G
- 12GB RAM
- 256GB storage
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel main, 13-megapixel ultra-wide, and 13-megapixel portrait
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 4,300mAh battery with 33-watt fast charging
- Funtouch 11.1 based on Android 11
- Color: Shimmer Blue
Share this Post