Shopee closes 2021 with its annual 12.12 Big Christmas Sale, the most joyful year-end celebration in the region. 12.12 is set to bring a smile to users as they shop from the widest variety of products to reward themselves and their loved ones during the happiest time of the year. Through the 12.12 Big Christmas Sale, shoppers can also spread the holiday cheer to their favorite local businesses, with two times more items sold by local businesses this year.
Users can look forward to a delightful celebration throughout the festive season. In the past year, Shopee has brought fun to users with exciting giveaways and exclusive content, recording over 13 billion engagements and views across its social media channels. This 12.12, users can expect even more entertainment and engagement with a brand-new commercial featuring international superstar Jackie Chan and performances by popular K-Pop group Tomorrow X Together. To get into the Pinoy family spirit of the holidays, Shopee also welcomes first-ever celebrity father-and-daughter brand ambassadors, Dingdong and Zia Dantes.
Commercial featuring Dingdong and Zia Dantes
Shopee Philippines director Martin Yu said: “Every 12.12, Shopee comes together with our users to celebrate the milestones and achievements over the past year. This year, we would like to show our appreciation to all our users for letting us be part of their daily lives. Many more users are now using digital services, and local businesses are increasingly embracing the shift online. We are glad to have been able to adapt to their evolving needs this past year, and we will continue to help more people benefit from the digital economy as we head into a new year. We look forward to celebrating the year-end with all our users as we bring smiles to one another this holiday season.”
Celebrating the happiest time of the year with the best deals
As shoppers hunt for the best gifts, Shopee is thrilled to bring users the most exciting deals this 12.12. These include:
- The best promotions. Shoppers can enjoy the best deals for all their gifting needs with deals such as free shipping with no minimum spend, ₱1 Deals, and 10% off daily.
- Big discounts. They can also get discounts of up to 90% on the biggest Shopee Mall brands.
Celebrating the holidays with entertainment for the whole family
Users can also expect non-stop entertainment until the big finale on December 12. Highlights include:
- Fun-filled 12.12 TV Special. Filipinos can tune in to GMA-7 and Shopee Live at 10:30 p.m. on December 12 to catch Tomorrow X Together, Korea’s hottest rising boy group, grace the stage with a special performance. Celebrities such as Michael V, Ysabel Ortega, Kate Valdez, Rayver Cruz, Julie Ann Jose, and Andrea Torres will also join host Willie Revillame for a fun and star-studded evening.
- Entertaining content from Shopee’s newest brand ambassadors. Fans can catch Dingdong and Zia’s festive new TV commercial, which features the beloved Pinoy Christmas tradition bunutan ng pera, on local TV networks and on Shopee’s official Facebook and YouTube accounts. Users can also check out Shopee’s YouTube and Tiktok accounts for heartwarming videos featuring Dingdong and Zia, wherein they recreate social media challenges, go shopping on Shopee, and more.
- Exciting games and contests. Users can win voucher giveaways by joining Dingdong- and Zia-themed games and contests on Shopee’s official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. From December 1 to December 12, users can win a total of ₱12 million in prizes from their favorite local celebrities, including Dingdong and Zia, by playing Shopee Celebrity Pamasko on the app. Users simply have to tap on the angpao to win a prize from the celebrity of the day.
Celebrating local businesses and culture
Local businesses represent a significant part of local culture, and as the need for digitalization increases, Shopee is committed to supporting these sellers and helping them thrive.
- Shopee Celebrates Local. Shopee launches “Shopee Celebrates Local,” a special contest to share and promote beloved local sellers. Users can read their stories on the #TatakPinoy page and on Shopee’s social media channels, and vote for their favorites until December 5. Winning sellers stand to win prizes they can use for their businesses, while users stand to win Shopee vouchers. Through the Tatak Pinoy page, users can also enjoy exclusive deals when supporting these sellers.
Celebrating wider communities
Through 12.12, Shopee will continue to uplift local communities through its platform. In the spirit of Christmas, Shopee launches the Frontliner Holiday Package to show gratitude for local heroes. Starting December 10, frontliners can avail themselves of this package, which includes vouchers they can use for their holiday celebrations.
For more information about Shopee 12.12 Big Christmas Sale, visit this page.
(Release from Shopee Philippines)
Share this Post