We’ve seen a lot of foldable phones debut lately, but we also feel that many of them were lacking in one or two key areas.
Some feel too unwieldy or cumbersome for everyday use, whereas most compromise on the camera specs, at least compared to traditional mainstream flagships that throw everything but the kitchen sink at the camera department. Truth be told, we haven’t used a foldable model that genuinely felt like a regular phone in the hand in folded mode.
The new Huawei Mate X3, which recently launched alongside the Huawei P60 Pro on the global market, promises to tackle many pain points common to the foldable segment while looking sleek and stylish in the process. If all this sounds promising, you may want to watch our video above to see Huawei‘s latest foldable smartphone in action and find out why we think it’s one of the most interesting devices of its kind released this year.
The Huawei Mate X3 is priced at P109,999 (around $1,976) in the Philippines and will be available for preorder beginning tomorrow, May 12. As a special offer, each purchase of the foldable will be bundled with a free Huawei Watch GT 3 smartwatch worth P12,999 ($233) until May 25. Locally, the phone comes in two colors — Black and Dark Green — with the latter sporting a skin-friendly vegan-leather back.
Huawei Mate X3 specs
- 6.4-inch LTPO display, FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 1,440Hz PWM dimming, 300Hz touch sampling, 10-bit colors
- 7.85-inch folding inner OLED screen, 2,496 x 2,224 resolution, 1,440Hz PWM dimming, 240Hz touch sampling, 10-bit colors
- 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen processor with 4G
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 512GB storage
- Triple 50-megapixel main, 13-megapixel ultrawide, 12-megapixel periscope telephoto rear cameras
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Under-display fingerprint reader
- 4,800mAh/5,060mAh battery (Collector’s Edition) with 66-watt fast wired charging, 50-watt fast wireless charging
- HarmonyOS 3.1
- IP8 rating
- Colors available in the Philippines: Black and green
Share this Post