ASUS ZenFone Selfie owners, you will be able to update your phone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, after all.
The bad news? Do not expect any over-the-air update. You are to manually flash your device, which may seem daunting if you are a non-techie.
The good news? The firmware is already available, and we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to help you and your ZenFone Selfie get out of this process alive. Don’t worry, you should be able to do this easily.
Before you proceed, please take note of the following:
1) The file is 1.7GB, so make sure you have enough storage to accommodate it.
2) The update won’t affect your files and apps, though you should transfer all apps from the microSD card to the phone’s internal storage first before upgrading.
3) The Marshmallow update introduces a few changes — good and bad — that may make your ASUS ZenFone Selfie feel new again; changes to how the user interface and some icons look and how the phone handles RAM and runs Android, to name a few.
4) There’s also a change to how the smartphone handles apps. Marshmallow on the ZenFone Selfie does not allow apps to be transferred to the microSD card, meaning all your apps have to be installed on the phone from here on out. A bummer, we know.
5) Make sure your battery is at least 50 percent, as the whole process takes about 20 minutes to finish.
Done? Now, let’s start.
1) Download the firmware from ASUS’ website to your computer.
2) Transfer the file to the main directory of the ZenFone Selfie’s storage.
3) Restart the phone. You will be automatically prompted to install the update after that. Agree to install it.
That’s it! See how easy it is?
Got how-to requests? Contact us on Twitter.
Share this Post