Along with the Redmi Note 5 global version, Xiaomi also announced the Mi MIX 2S in the Philippines today, May 11.
The smartphone is the third installment in the series that helped launched handsets with tall displays. And it has a couple of firsts under its belt. It’s the company’s first device to use Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. It’s the first MIX series phone to get an OLED screen. It’s also the first in the company’s stable of mobiles to support wireless charging.
But the one feature that made headlines when the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S was launched in China on March 27 was its camera systems. This MIX scored a whopping 97 points on camera-ratings site DxOMArk. It’s currently tied in fifth place with the Apple iPhone X and Huawei Mate 10 Pro and is beaten only by the Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Samsung galaxy S9+, and Google Pixel 2.
As with Apple’s 10th-anniversary iPhone, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S has a vertically arranged dual-rear-camera setup. A primary 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 sensor with a larger pixel size larger than that on the Mi MIX 2 is paired with another 12-megapixel sensor, one that has a telephoto lens and a 2x optical zoom.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S pricing and availability in the Philippines
Available in Black and Ceramic White, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S will be released in the Philippines in June, so if you want to get this model early, you still have about a month to save up.
The cheapest variant — the one with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage — will retail at P27,990 or about $539. The version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable space will be priced at P29,990 ($577). No word yet if the highest-specced unit, which has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of memory, will also be available in the country. In China, it goes for ¥3,999 (P33,354 or $637). A Mi wireless charging pad that costs ¥99 (P827 or $16) already comes free with the latter.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S specs
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor (4×2.8GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.8GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB of RAM LPDDR4
- 5.99-inch IPS LCD display ultra-bright, energy-saving display, ~81.9% screen-to-body ratio
- 1080 x 2160 pixels FHD+, ~403 ppi pixel density , 1500:1 contrast ratio, 18:9 aspect ratio
- DCI-P3 color gamut, high color saturation
- Black ceramic finish, white, and black
- 64GB/128GB/256GB of memory
- 12MP, wide-angle lens, 4-axis OIS, f/1.8, 1.4µm dark-light enhancement, phase-detection auto-focus, dual LED (dual tone)
- 12MP, telephoto lens, portrait lens, f/2.4, 1.0µm, AI
- 5MP front camera, f/2.0, 1.4µm, auto-focus, mirror function, portrait mode
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 3G, LTE, 4G+ carrier aggregation, VoLTE calls
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- 3,400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0-supported, 9V/3A
- Supports wireless charging 7.5W
- 4 x 4 MIMO technology to support MU-MIMO
- Sensors: ultrasonic distance sensor, ambient light sensor, gyro, vibration motor, accelerometer, barometer, electronic compass, hall sensor
- Android Oreo 8.0, MIUI 9
- USB-C port, UFS 2.1
- 150.86 x 74.9 x 8.1mm
Share this Post