Huawei has released yet another smartphone without fanfare. The Huawei P20 Lite 2019 is already being sold on the Swiss site of Media Markt, said to be the biggest retailer of consumer electronics in Europe.
The device is priced at CHF299.95 (around P15,789 or $303) in Switzerland and could give you an idea of what to expect from the Huawei Nova 5i, which is rumored to launch alongside the Nova 5. Why? Because based on the leaked spec sheet of the latter, the main differences between the two has to do with the following only:
- Memory configuration. The Nova 5i will supposedly be available in 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB variants.
- Storage expansion. None for the yet-to-be-announced handset.
- Sensors. The Nova 5i replaces the 16-megapixel front and back cameras of the Lite with 24-megapixel ones.
According to the listing, the Huawei P20 Lite 2019 features a 6.4-inch screen with a 16-megapixel hole-punch selfie shooter on the upper-left side. There’s a four-camera rear setup — 16 + 8 + 2 + 2 — and the battery is rated at 4,000mAh.
Inside is a Kirin 710 chip paired with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, with an option to use a microSD card with up to 512GB of space for your files.
Will Huawei Philippines bring the P20 Lite 2019 here? Or will it sell the Nova 5i (and the Nova 5) instead? Our bet is on the latter.
Huawei P20 Lite 2019 specs
- 6.4-inch LCD display; 2,310 x 1,080 resolution
- HiSilicon Kirin 710 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB expandable storage
- Quad rear cameras: 16MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP
- 16MP hole-punch front camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Face unlock
- 4,000mAh battery
- USB Type-C
- EMUI 9.0 (Android 9.0 Oreo)
- Colors: Red, blue, black
Share this Post