The world’s first MediaTek Helio G80 smartphone has landed in the Philippines.
Announced officially today, May 13, the Realme 6i is also the first model the brand launched after the local government announced an easing of lockdown measures in some areas of the country.
Pricing of the phone’s two available memory configurations is as follows:
- 3GB/64GB: P7,990 (around $159) with a special price of P7,490 ($149) at the first flash sale scheduled for May 15 on Lazada
- 4GB/128GB: P9,990 ($199) with a special price of P9,490 ($189) at the first flash sale set for May 20 on Lazada
With the Helio G80 chip, the Realme 6i is pegged to offer around 35% better performance than its predecessor, the Realme 5i. It already has a 48-megapixel quad camera on the back. The main sensor is assisted by 8-megapixel ultra-wide and 2-megapixel macro and depth-sensing units. The front, on the other hand, is a 16-megapixel selfie camera housed in a waterdrop notch at the top of the 6.5-inch screen.
Thank goodness there’s already USB Type-C — not microUSB — on the 6i; charging its big, 5,000mAh battery shouldn’t take as long. Plus the OS version here is already Android 10 layered with Realme UI.
And did you know that the Realme 6i is the first Master Edition smartphone in the Philippines? It’s designed by renowned Japanese product designer Naoto Fukasawa, the same person behind the Realme X series’ Master Edition models.
So go check it out, and see if it’s the handset that’s right for you.
Realme 6i specs
- 6.5-inch waterdrop LCD display, 1,600 x 720 resolution (20:9), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB expandable storage
- Quad 48-megapixel, f/1.8 (main), 8-megapixel, f/2.2 (ultra wide), 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (macro), and 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C fast charging
- Realme UI based on Android 10
- Colors: White Milk and Green Tea
Share this Post