The world’s first commercial smartphone with an under-screen camera is finally going global starting this month of December.
The ZTE Axon 20 5G, which was launched in September and has been on sale in China for some time now, will be available for purchase on the company’s global website for the following international markets:
- United Kingdom
- European Union
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Yes, the Philippines is one of those select markets. Unfortunately, ZTE told us at Revü that the local price has not been finalized yet and will be revealed soon. The first-sale day of the 8GB/128GB model happens December 21.
Just take note that in China, the ZTE Axon 20 5G got the following prices at launch:
- 6GB/128GB: ¥2,198 (around P16,128 or $336)
- 8GB/128GB: ¥2,498 (P18,330 or $382)
- 8GB/256GB: ¥2,798 (P20,531 or $438)
We saw a prototype of an OPPO phone whose camera is placed underneath the display at last year’s OPPO Asia-Pacific Region Hub inauguration in Malaysia. However, the technology certainly needed improvement at the time. We wonder what the quality of the one on the ZTE Axon 20 5G is — and how it will be in the long run; we’d like to see for ourselves. But for the meantime, check out Unbox Therapy’s unboxing of the unit.
ZTE Axon 20 5G unboxing
The company said it “has leveraged additional under-display technologies, including ambient light, sound, and fingerprint sensors to achieve a true full screen without any punch holes.”
Other features of the Axon 20 5G include a big OLED screen measuring 6.92 inches that has a 90Hz refresh rate and a 10-bit color depth; a 64-megapixel quad camera on the back; a 32-megapixel selfie shooter; a 4,220mAh battery that supports 30 watts of fast charging; and Android 10. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chip.
ZTE Axon 20 5G specs
- 6.92-inch FHD+ (1,080 x 2,460 pixels) OLED display, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch-sampling rate, 10-bit color depth
- Octa-core 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor with 5G
- Adreno 620 GPU
- Liquid Cooling with carbon nanofiber
- 8GB RAM
- 128GBGB storage
- Quad 64-megapixel, f/1.8 main; 8-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra-wide; 2-megapixel, f/2.4 macro; 2-megapixel, f/2.4 depth
- 32-megapixel, f/2.0 under-screen front camera
- Fingerprint reader (in-display)
- 4,220mAh battery with 30-watt USB-C charging
- MiFavor 10.5 based on Android 10
- Color: Black
Share this Post