The Xiaomi Redmi 9, one of the most value-packed smartphones to come out of 2020, is now more affordable than ever in the Philippines, thanks to a recent price cut. This makes it a more attractive and more attainable option, especially for mobile gamers looking for a budget handset that can play most modern games at decent frame rates.
The standard model in the Redmi 9 series is now priced as follows at all Authorized Mi stores and Mi kiosks nationwide:
- 3GB/32GB variant: P5,990 (around $124) from P6,990 ($145)
- 4GB/64GB variant: P6,590 ($136) from P7,490 ($155)
Interestingly, it seems that the latest pricing change doesn’t cover Redmi 9 units sold online. Xiaomi‘s flagship brand store on Lazada still lists the 4GB/64GB variant at P6,800 ($141), slightly less than its original price, although the 3GB/32GB model is cheaper at the Xiaomi store on Shopee Mall, retailing at P5,490 ($114).
The smartphone has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ waterdrop LCD and quad cameras at the back. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 chipset and a 5,020mAh battery that supports 18-watt fast charging. It runs Android 10-based MIUI out of the box.
In our review of the Redmi 9, we said that “the average person on a strict budget would get a lot out of [the] phone.” For most of the games we tried on the unit, the recommended visual settings were usually in the Medium range. Again, not bad given the budget price point.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 specs
- 6.53-inch LCD display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB storage
- Quad 13-megapixel, f/2.2 (main); 8-megapixel, f/2.2 (ultra wide); 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth), 5-megapixel; f/2.4 (macro) rear cameras
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,020mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging, 10-watt in-box charger
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Colors: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, and Sunset Purple
Share this Post