Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Realme has actually ended up getting the bragging rights as the first smartphone brand to launch one of MediaTek’s first products fabricated on a 6nm process.
The company has lifted the veil off the Realme GT Neo 5G phone in China, marking the debut of the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 on a commercial unit. The SoC, considered the Taiwanese chipmaker’s answer to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888, is composed of one Cortex-A78 performance core operating at 3GHz, three Cortex-A78 mid cores at 2.6GHz, and four 2GHz Cortex-A55 low-power cores. The processor is coupled with Mali-G77MC9 graphics and supports up to a 168HZ refresh rate and camera sensors as sharp as 200 megapixels.
The Realme GT Neo is a premium model, for sure, but it’s competitively priced, launching for as low as ¥1,799 — or roughly P13,320 in Philippine pesos and $275 in U.S. dollars. Here’s the pricing for its different memory configurations:
- 6GB RAM + 128 storage: ¥1,799 (P13,320 or $275)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage: ¥1,999 (P14,801 or $305)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage: ¥2,399 (P17,763 or $366)
The Realme GT Neo shares most of the specs of the Snapdragon 888-touting Realme GT, the first member of the new GT series. We’re talking about almost everything, from the 6.43-inch Super AMOLED punch-hole screen with a high refresh rate of 120Hz and three rear cameras headlined by a 64-megapixel Sony IMX682 sensor to a battery rated at 4,500mAh.
The differences besides the design, the chips used, and the memory configurations on offer? The Realme GT Neo’s fast-charging support maxes out at 50 watts instead of 65 watts. Juicing up should still be pretty quick; the company claims you can go from 0% to 50% in just 16 minutes.
The Neo is expected to be launched in India soon. However, we don’t know if it will ever become available in the Philippines. Keep your fingers crossed.
Realme GT Neo specs
- 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display, FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch-sampling rate
- 6nm MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor with 5G
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple rear cameras: 64-megapixel main (Sony IMX682 sensor), 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel macro
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 4,500mAh battery with 50-watt USB-C charging
- Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11
- Colors: Gradient, Silver, Black
Share this Post