The Vivo X70 5G is indeed coming to the Philippines soon.
(Update, October 6: Our Vivo X70 5G review is up!)
That information is what you’ll first see when you visit the brand’s local website. And if you click on the phone’s image, it will take you to a page that reveals the local launch date. So that’s why we received a press release on the X70 series with a quote from Vivo Philippines PR team lead Charisma Buan. You’ll see the story at the bottom of this article.
Recall that the Vivo X70, Vivo X70 Pro, and Vivo X70 Pro Plus with Zeiss cameras debuted in China more than a week ago, with prices starting from ¥3,699 (around P28,733 or $572 sans taxes). The lineup is scheduled to be launched globally September 22.
Now, we don’t know if the Vivo X70 5G will be joined by any of the Pro versions, though it may be unlikely for the Pro Plus model to be sold here, because the Vivo X60 Pro Plus didn’t. We’re likewise not sure if the X70 variant for the Philippine market has different specs as the one that became available in China, like in the case of the X60 series. For reference, here are the specs of the Vivo X70 5G for the Chinese market:
- 6.56-inch AMOLED with punch-hole display, 2,376 x 1,080 resolution (20:9), 120Hz refresh rate
- 6nm octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 with 5G
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple 40-megapixel main, 12-megapixel ultra-wide, 12-megapixel portrait rear cameras
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Under-display fingerprint reader
- 4400mAh battery with 44-watt fast charging
- OriginOS based on Android 11
- Color: Black, Nebula, White
If you think the Vivo X70 5G might be out of your budget, then you can always opt for the still-camera-focused Vivo V21 lineup. However, if you are after that flagship experience and leveled-up photography and videography features, you may want to wait a bit more. Either way, we think you won’t be disappointed with any of them.
Vivo Philippines’ press release
Share this Post