The “world’s fastest-charging smartphone” title now belongs to the Realme GT Neo 5, as it goes official in China.
(Update, March 1: Here’s the newly launched Realme GT3!)
The charging solution is said to allow you to watch an hourlong show on the newly launched Realme model with a 30-second charge. The device can be topped up from 0% in less than 10 minutes, and the architecture it uses has three 100-watt charge pumps working together via a parallel design, plus multiple sensors for safety, and a maximum charging-conversion efficiency of 98.5%.
The Realme GT Neo 5 will ship with the industry’s first 12A charging cable to supply a total of 240 watts of power to the dual-cell 4,600mAh battery, as well as a 240-watt dual-GaN mini charger — another first in the mobile landscape.
The phone also features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 5G chipset, a 6.47-inch 1.5K Super AMOLED screen that supports up to 144Hz refresh and 1,500Hz touch-sampling rates, a 50-megapixel Sony IMX890 main sensor with optical image stabilization, Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0, and a glowing rectangle module near the rear-camera system.
There’s another version of the Realme GT Neo 5. That one comes with a bigger battery rated at 5,000mAh, but fast-charging support maxes out at 150 watts.
In China, the smartphone is priced as follows:
- 150W edition
- 8GB + 256GB: ¥2,499 (roughly P20,064 or $368)
- 12GB + 256GB: ¥2,699 (P21,672 or $397)
- 16GB + 256GB: ¥2,899 (P23,278 or $426)
- 240W edition
- 16GB + 256GB: ¥3,199 (P25,682 or $471)
- 16GB + 1TB: ¥3,499 (P28,090 or $515)
Realme GT Neo 5 specs
- 6.74-inch Super AMOLED display, 1080p resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, 1,500Hz touch sampling
- 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor with 5G
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB/12GB/16GB RAM
- 256GB/1TB storage
- Triple 50-megapixel main, 8-megapixel ultrawide, 2-megapixel macro rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint reader
- 4,600mAh battery with 240-watt fast charging/5,000mAh battery with 150-watt fast charging
- Realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13
- Colors: White, black, and purple
How about for the international market? While we don’t know yet if the Realme GT Neo 5 240W edition will be released outside China, at least we can now confirm that another Realme phone with 240-watt fast charging will be launched on the global stage.
The brand has revealed that the Realme GT3 will be unveiled in February. Our guess is that the device will be announced at MWC [Mobile World Congress] 2023, the technology event that we’re covering in Barcelona, Spain. Will it just be a rebranded Realme GT Neo 5? We don’t think so, but be sure to come back here as soon as the successor to the brand’s GT 2 series is launched.
Share this Post