The red carpet has been rolled out for Xiaomi‘s ultimate camera phone of 2023. The company has debuted the Xiaomi 13 Ultra globally, as well as in China where the phone’s local prices are now also official.
In China, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra starts at ¥5,999 (around P49,028 or $872 converted) for 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage and goes up to ¥7,299 (P59,653 or $1,062) if you pick up the top-of-the-line 16GB/1TB storage model. Not bad considering the Ultra’s flagship-level internals and Leica-branded quad-camera system.
New to the series is the circular camera island at the back with four 50-megapixel cameras headlined by a Sony IMX989 1-inch main sensor, while the rest pack Sony IMX858 sensors.
Xiaomi is also offering a dual-aperture design on the primary camera, allowing users to switch between f/1.9 and f/4.0. This is different from the truly variable-aperture lens with 10 different aperture sizes that Huawei introduced on the Mate 50 Pro and refined for the P60 series.
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra global launch event, in case you missed it. Program starts at the 29:35 mark
Another camera has a 3.2x portrait lens. The other sports a 5x periscope lens. You get an ultrawide option as well that offers a 122-degree field of view. All but the ultrawide cam have optical image stabilization. You’ll find a 32-megapixel camera in a punch hole up front for selfies and video calls.
Notably, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra comes equipped with a new TCL panel that peaks at 2,600 nits — an industry record — and offers a resolution of 1,440p while operating from 1Hz all the way to 120Hz. For context, the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra peak at 2,000 and 1,750 nits, respectively. The extra-high brightness means the display will remain legible even under direct sunlight.
Other notable specs include a 5,000mAh battery that supports 90-watt fast wired charging and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 5G chipset under the hood, same as the Xiaomi 13 and Xiaomi 13 Pro we reviewed earlier. The company claims the battery can hit 100% in just 35 minutes using the bundled charger and cable.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra specs
- 6.78-inch curved LTPO3 AMOLED display, 1440p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 2,600 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor with 5G
- Adreno 740 GPU
- 12GB/16GB LPDDR5X RAM
- 256GB/512GB/1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Quad 50-megapixel main with dual-aperture design, 50-megapixel ultrawide, 50-megapixel 3.2x portrait, 50-megapixel telephoto rear cameras
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Under-display fingerprint reader
- 5,000mAh battery with 90-watt fast charging, 50-watt wireless fast charging
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Colors: Black, Olive Green
Share this Post