While the official preorder period of OPPO Philippines’ next smartphone offering is scheduled for September 12 to September 21, the company’s promoters have already begun accepting preorders for it.
We’re talking about the OPPO A98 5G, which we first wrote about in May. It’s set to become available nationwide from September 22 with a suggested retail price of P18,999 (around $335) for the variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage, according to the promoters.
The introduction of the OPPO A98 5G in the Philippines follows the launch of the OPPO Reno10 Series 5G and 4G-capable A58. It’s powered by a 6nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G chipset and a 5,000mAh battery that supports 67-watt SUPERVOOC fast wired charging. According to OPPO, you should be able to top up the phone from zero to 50% in just 18 minutes, while a full charge is estimated to take 44 minutes.
Its IPS display measures 6.72 inches across and boasts a 120Hz refresh rate and FHD+ resolution. For selfies, this phone houses a sharp 32-megapixel camera in a center punch hole. Elsewhere, the OPPO A98 5G is equipped with a 64-megapixel main camera and a pair of 2-megapixel sensors for depth and super-macro shots. Notably, its rear camera system adopts the microscope-like lens with 40x magnification of the Reno8 T series, allowing users to shoot everyday objects with a fresh perspective.
OPPO A98 5G specs
- 6.72-inch IPS display, FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling, 680 nits peak brightness
- 6nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 with 5G
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Triple 64-megapixel main, 2-megapixel microscope, 2-megapixel depth rear cameras
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Side fingerprint reader
- 5,000mAh battery with 67-watt fast charging
- ColorOS 13.1 based on Android 13
- Colors: Bold Gold, Cool Black, Dreamy Blue
Share this Post