After months of being the talk of the town, (no) thanks in part to OnePlus itself revealing that its 2018 flagship will have a notch, the OnePlus 6 is finally official. And with a variant that’s borne out of the company’s partnership with Marvel at that.
True enough, OnePlus didn’t scratch out the notch of the device’s 6.28-inch, 19:9 FHD+ OLED display, but it gives you the choice to hide it — the same option manufacturers like Huawei (for the P20 series) give you. An advantage of the cutout, though: The OnePlus 6 offers more screen, but in a body that’s still about the same size as those of the OnePlus 5 and 5T.
Unlike its predecessors, the OnePlus 6 features an all-glass design. Unfortunately, even with a glass back, it does not support wireless charging. Not a biggie on our part because we prefer faster charging to a slow one (wireless)… for now. And the OnePlus 6 does offer that with its 3,300mAh battery.
The specs sheet reveals features that are standard in many flagship smartphones these days: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, Adreno 630 GPU, up to 8GB of RAM, dual rear cameras (16 and 20 megapixels), and Android Oreo (with OxygenOS on top).
We were wondering if the device had an IP rating for that official water and dust resistance certification. Sadly, there’s none, although OnePlus did say that there’s a special type of foam layered on the gap between the display and the battery cover to prevent water from seeping into the wiring.
Plus, you’d be glad to know that after being subjected to a torture test — scratch, burn, and bend, yep — the OnePlus 6 was able to come out alive of that ordeal.
OnePlus 6 durability test by JerryRigEverything
OnePlus 6 pricing and availability
The OnePlus 6 is available in Mirror Black, Midnight Black, and Silk White color variants. Of course, there’s the OnePlus 6 Marvel Avengers Limited Edition, too, with its patterned back, Avengers emblem, color-matched mute switch, and case resembling Iron Man’s helmet.
OnePlus 6 Marvel Avengers Limited Edition: Official product video
Prices are as follows:
- 6GB/64GB (Midnight Black): $529 (around P27,659), €519 (P32,047), £469 (P33,158), ¥3,199 (P26,253)
- 8GB/128GB (all colors): $579 (P30,273), €569 (P35,134), £519 (P36,693), ¥3,599 (P29,536)
- 8GB/256GB (Midnight Black): $629 (P32,887), €619 (P38,222), £569 (P40,228), ¥3,999 (P32,819)
- 8GB/256GB (Marvel Avengers Limited Edition): ¥4,199 (P34,460)
The Midnight Black and Mirror Black versions will go on sale starting May 22. The rest will be released beginning June 5.
No word yet on the OnePlus 6’s availability in the Philippines, but we’re hoping to get an announcement from Digital Walker — the exclusive distributor in the country — soon.
OnePlus 6 specs
- 6.28-inch OLED display, 2,280 x 1,080 resolution (19:9)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256 memory, with microSD card slot
- 16-megapixel (Sony IMX 519, f/1.7, 1.22µm) + 20-megapixel (Sony IMX 376K, f/1.7, 1.0µm) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera (Sony IMX 371, f/2.0, 1.0µm)
- Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- 3,300mAh battery, fast charging (Dash Charge)
- Android 8.1 Oreo
Share this Post