The most affordable Qualcomm Snapdragon 845-based phone in the Philippines will go on sale from June 1st. We are, of course, talking about the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, which will be sold at the two official Mi retail locations in the country — one at SM Megamall and the other at TriNoma — for the base price of P27,990 (approximately $533).
For context, the ASUS ZenFone 5Z with comparable specs is scheduled to hit store shelves sometime in June for P29,995 ($571).
The MIX 2S hasn’t been listed online on the official Mi Store, suggesting that the open sale will be limited to Xiaomi’s physical locations in the Philippine capital. Stocks are said to be “very limited,” and there’s no word if the P29,990 ($571) 6GB RAM and 128GB storage model will be offered as well.
Launched in the Philippines on May 11 along with the Redmi S2, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S will finally be up for sale starting June 1
The Xiaomi MIX 2S first launched in China in March and then in other markets soon after. It’s the third installment in the series that helped launched devices with the now-ubiquitous taller aspect ratio. In addition to being the first Xiaomi to get wireless-charging support, it’s also the first phone to use Qualcomm’s latest — and greatest yet — system-on-a-chip. The Mix 2S boots Android 8.0 Oreo with Xiaomi’s own MIUI interface skinned on top.
Over to the front, there’s a nearly bezel-less display measuring 6 inches diagonally, with the bottom bezel housing a 5-megapixel camera for some (admittedly) awkward-looking selfies.
The feature that made most headlines, however, was the phone’s dual-lens assembly, which received one of the highest scores on camera-ratings website DxOMark. The vertical arrangement comes equipped with two 12-megapixel cameras, one sporting a telephoto lens for zooming and snapping portrait shots.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S specs
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor (4×2.8GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.8GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB of RAM LPDDR4
- 5.99-inch IPS LCD display ultra-bright, energy-saving display, ~81.9% screen-to-body ratio
- 1080 x 2160 pixels FHD+, ~403 ppi pixel density , 1500:1 contrast ratio, 18:9 aspect ratio
- DCI-P3 color gamut, high color saturation
- Black ceramic finish, white, and black
- 64GB/128GB/256GB of memory
- 12MP, wide-angle lens, 4-axis OIS, f/1.8, 1.4µm dark-light enhancement, phase-detection auto-focus, dual LED (dual tone)
- 12MP, telephoto lens, portrait lens, f/2.4, 1.0µm, AI
- 5MP front camera, f/2.0, 1.4µm, auto-focus, mirror function, portrait mode
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 3G, LTE, 4G+ carrier aggregation, VoLTE calls
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- 3,400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0-supported, 9V/3A
- Supports wireless charging 7.5W
- 4 x 4 MIMO technology to support MU-MIMO
- Sensors: ultrasonic distance sensor, ambient light sensor, gyro, vibration motor, accelerometer, barometer, electronic compass, hall sensor
- Android Oreo 8.0, MIUI 9
- USB-C port, UFS 2.1
- 150.86 x 74.9 x 8.1mm
Share this Post