An OPPO Philippines executive informed us less than two weeks ago that their current bestseller is the OPPO A3s. We were not surprised. At P6,990 (roughly $130), it is the cheapest notched phone in the country. The device’s drawback for those who need more memory? It only has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of native storage.
But now, we have good news for you: The OPPO A3s model with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage is now being sold in the Philippines. It’s officially priced at P9,990 ($186), but CMK Cellphones is selling it for just P9,590 ($179).
The OPPO A3s may belong to the lower tier of the smartphone category, but it looks and feels similar to the glossy and classy-looking P14,990 ($279) OPPO F7 — with a dark-purple color variant that we really dig. Its 19.9 screen also measures 6.2 inches, though the resolution is not 1080p. It likewise boots Android 8.1 Oreo with ColorOS layered on top.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chip. It comes with 13- and 2-megapixel cameras that can take portrait-style pictures with a shallow depth of field and an 8-megapixel selfie one that’s housed in the cutout at the top of the display. And the 4,230mAh battery should help it last more than a day.
OPPO A3s specs
- 6.2-inch LCD display with notch, 1,520 x 720 resolution (19:9), 88.8 percent screen-to-body ratio
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB expandable storage
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2 aperture) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4 aperture) rear cameras
- 8-megapixel front camera (f/2.2 aperture)
- 4,230mAh battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB 2.0 port
- Android 8.1 Oreo-based ColorOS 5.1
Share this Post