Waiting for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE? The company has finally confirmed that the smartphone will go on sale in the Philippines, two days after the device was teased online. What’s more, it will be offered in a few days’ time.
According to Xiaomi Philippines, the Mi 9 SE with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage will be available in black and blue color variants starting May 18. You can buy it from online retail site Lazada and from the Mi Authorized Store at Robinsons Manila, whose opening will be on that date, too. Rollout to other official shops will soon follow.
As with other devices of the company, the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE offers value for money, being priced at P15,990 (around $305) locally. That’s close to the phone’s price in China, where the base model retails at ¥1,999 (P15,236 or $291).
The Mi 9 SE is the first in the world to use Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 712 chip, which is quite similar to the Snapdragon 710 in terms of architecture and graphics performance. The 712 does have a slightly higher clock speed and support for faster wired charging. Plus, it should be able to deliver superior audio playback over wireless headphones.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE specs
- 5.97-inch Super AMOLED screen, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution (19.5:9)
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB memory
- Triple 48-megapixel, f/1.8 camera; 13-megapixel, f/2.4 ultra-wide camera; 8-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera
- 20-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (in-display)
- 3,070mAh battery with fast charging
- MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Black, blue
Share this Post