Three weeks after it released the Y17, Vivo Philippines has made available another member of its Y lineup of smartphones.
The Vivo Y15 is a toned-down version of the model that came before it. Instead of a Helio P35 processor used by the Vivo Y17, the Y15 gets a Helio P22 chip. The 128GB of built-in storage has been brought down to 64GB. Instead of a 20-megapixel front camera, there is now a 16-megapixel shooter for selfies. And the battery does not support fast charging this time.
The rest of the specs are the same, from the battery with a big, 5,000mAh capacity to the triple-camera system on the back. The setup includes a 120-degree super-wide-angle lens– something we find useful especially when taking pictures of sprawling landscapes.
Of course, the Vivo Y15 comes with a more affordable price tag; it has gone on sale in the Philippines for P10,999, or around $213 when converted to U.S. dollars. The Y17, in case you did not know, is priced at P12,999 ($251).
Vivo Y15 specs
- 6.35-inch LCD display, 1,544 x 720 resolution (19.5:9)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB expandable storage
- Triple 13-megapixel, f/2.2 rear camera; 8-megapixel, f/2.2 ultra-wide camera; 2-megapixel, f/2.4 depth sensor with LED flash
- 16-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging
- FunTouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Aqua Blue, Burgundy Red
Share this Post