In the Philippines, 19 smartphones from its mother brand, Huawei, either already received or are about to receive EMUI 9.1. But how about those from its own stable of handsets?
We finally got our answer today, July 3. Honor Philippines has revealed that the following devices will get the update in August:
- Honor 10
- Honor 10 Lite
- Honor 9 Lite
- Honor 8X
- Honor Play
This comes on the heels of the company’s announcement that the Honor 10 Lite and Honor Play — which used to cost P10,990 (around $215) and P15,990 ($312), respectively — are now priced at P7,990 ($156) and P11,990 ($234).
What is there to watch for with the new software version? Based on the latest Google Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.1 comes with the following new features:
- GPU Turbo 3.0 with support for 19 new international games, bringing the total number of games that can be played at higher frame rates and with lower power consumption to 25;
- Phone Clone with faster data-transfer speed;
- Customized Video as your incoming caller ringtone;
- Huawei Vlog with new functions and effects for you to edit the video with one simple click; and
- Huawei Share OneHop, which makes transferring files between a Huawei MateBook laptop and a compatible phone — plus sharing clipboards and documents — so fast and easy.
What’s more, EMUI 9.1 also offers an overall performance upgrade and a more intuitive user experience with simpler menus and accessible options.
So if you have one of the five Honor units listed above, congratulations. Using your phone should feel much better once you get the update.
Share this Post