If you’re a Huawei user based in the Philippines, we’re confirming this good news: As part of its commitment to provide quality service, the company is rolling out EMUI 9.1 to many of its smartphone models starting this month.
SEE ALSO: Updated list of Huawei phones that will get Android Q, PH retailers support Huawei, to refund devices if they can’t run Google apps and Huawei retailer refund program in PH now in other countries
Truth is, the upgrade has already begun for the Huawei P20 Lite June 12th, but more will be added to the queue starting June 27. Below, you can find the units that are scheduled to get the update plus their respective release dates:
- Open from June 27
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Open from July
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei P30 Lite
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 RS
- Huawei Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Huawei Y6 Pro 2019
- Huawei Y5 2019
- Open from August
- Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 Plus
If you do not get an over-the-air update or can’t find any in Settings > System, open the HiCare app and go to Update. There’s a big possibility that EMUI 9.1 is there. If not, don’t worry; it should get to your device soon.
What’s new with EMUI 9.1
Based on the latest version of Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.1 brings with it these new features:
- GPU Turbo 3.0. More games — 19 specifically — has been added to the existing six supported international ones. So that’s a total of 25 games with higher frame rate and lower power consumption.
- Phone Clone. Data transfer speed is now faster.
- Customized Video. You can use this as your incoming caller ringtone.
- Huawei Vlog. The videos that can be found in Gallery > Highlights are automatically edited with dramatic filters, and you can choose to apply special speed effects and background music to them. You can share them easily with the enhanced video-editing features.
- Huawei Share OneHop. Got a Huawei MateBook laptop and a phone from Huawei’s flagship series (this includes the Mate 20, P20, Mate 10, P10, and P9 series)? With this function, transferring files between your notebook and your handset can be done faster with a single tap.
Not only that, but you’re also getting an overall performance upgrade and a more intuitive user experience with simpler menus and accessible options.
Videos you may want to watch
10 camera tips for the Huawei P30 Pro
7 camera tricks for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Share this Post