If you live in the Philippines like us and you’re a fan of any NBA team, chances are you’re aware of the fact that currently, unfortunately, no deal between the NBA and local TV networks and cable operators has been reached.
Negotiations are ongoing, though, and all parties involved have said they’re positive an agreement could be signed anytime soon. Of course, that hasn’t stopped the world’s best — and most entertaining — professional basketball league from moving forward with its 2019-2020 season, with live games being shown locally through Facebook, Twitter, and, for those with a League Pass subscription, the NBA’s own app for Android and iOS devices.
The first two options are free as long as you have an internet connection, but only two games per week will be livestreamed on Facebook and Twitter.
That leaves NBA fans in the Philippines with only one option if they want to catch their favorite team or teams play live or on demand. The NBA League Pass is a streaming service that shows all NBA games and related content as they happen, in addition to offering the option to view past games and download them for offline viewing. In other words, it’s the ultimate app for anyone who follows the NBA, and loves the NBA.
If you haven’t subscribed to League Pass yet, here’s how you can get it at a cheaper price than it normally goes for in the Philippines:
- Download and install the Lazada or Shopee app from Google Play or Apple’s App Store.
- Use the search bar to look up the Globe Telecom flagship store and tap on it.
- Buy a League Pass code, and then wait for it to be sent to your email (it should be delivered within one business day).
- Go to watch.nba.com/packages, select your subscription, and log in or create your NBA account.
- Enter your League Pass code in the appropriate box provided at the checkout to activate your subscription.
A monthly subscription to NBA League Pass, which includes all NBA games from the current season and previous seasons, would normally run you P570 (around $11.31). But if you get it from Globe’s store on Lazada or Shopee, that premium drops to P485 ($9.62).
Cheaper packages are also available for Team Choice (which lets you watch all the games of one team), weekly, and three-game options for different fandoms and casual observers.
We’re not sure how long these offers from Globe will last, so you might want to stock up on codes while they are still available.
Share this Post