Black Desert Mobile’s game servers will officially go live today, December 11, at 12 a.m. PST or 4 p.m. Philippine time. But can your Android or iOS device handle this free-to-play, massively multiplayer online game? We’re here to help you check.
Pearl Abyss, the game’s developer, already made Black Desert Mobile available to download ahead of the launch on both mobile platforms. But you can only create your character, for now. If you try and sign in before the servers go live, you’ll get an alert and a countdown that says the “Adventure Begins on December 11 at UTC-8.”
We would suggest you register now, so you get the name you want as well as being ready to play once Black Desert Mobile’s servers go live.
What do you need to play, though?
- Size: 86MB (around 3GB with game data)
- System requirement: Android 5.0 and up, minimum 2GB of RAM
- In-app purchases: Costs between P53.00 and P5,200.00 per item
- Content rating: Rated for 12+, moderate violence
Black Desert Mobile’s Android version requires access to photos/media/files so it can store files or relevant data for gameplay as well as record or take screenshots.
You can also opt to give the app permission to use your phone’s microphone, which can be used for the in-game voice chat as well as for recording gameplay videos.
To change app permissions, you will need an Android device that runs Android 6.0 or higher. You can change permission by heading to Settings > Apps > Select Permission Settings > Permissions > Set to allow or deny. If you don’t permit required access, it could disrupt resources or prevent you from logging in to the game.
- Size: 99.1 MB (around 3GB with game data)
- System requirement: iOS 11.0 or later, iPhone6s or newer, compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Language support: English, French, German, Indonesian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Content rating: Rated for 12+, infrequent/mild cartoon or fantasy violence, infrequent/mild realistic violence
Apple didn’t specify how much the in-app purchases cost.
Black Desert Mobile initially launched in seven countries and garnered over 3 million pre-registrations. This adaptation of the PC MMO promises exceptional, high-fidelity graphics for a mobile game. It will let you choose from five different classes in an open-world environment; offer fast-paced action; and vast character and content customization and creation within the world.
Share this Post