(Update, June 15: Official now! Read POCO F2 Pro is PH’s cheapest Snapdragon 865 phone so far.)
(Update, June 9: The answer’s yes! Read POCO F2 Pro Philippine launch date announced.)
Yep, it’s back! But instead of calling itself Pocophone, as it was previously known in the country, it’s now back as POCO, probably to align its branding globally.
Teaser posted on POCO Philippines’ Facebook page, which was created just end-May — on May 26, specifically
While the teaser posted on a newly created Facebook page only says, “POCO is… waking up” and “Think every wakeup call is annoying? Think again,” Xiaomi Philippines’ Twitter account is more telling. It retweeted a product video of the POCO F2 Pro, which was launched worldwide just last month. This suggests that the smartphone is coming here soon.
Post retweeted by Xiaomi Philippines
The POCO F2 Pro brings with it flagship-grade features, such as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor; a 4,700mAh battery with support for 30-watt fast charging; liquid cooling; a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with HDR10+ support and Widevine L1 certification; a 64-megapixel quad camera on the back; a 20-megapixel pop-up selfie shooter; and Android 10 layered with POCO Launcher 2.0.
If the specs sound familiar to you, it’s because the device is basically a rebranded Redmi K30 Pro.
Internationally, the POCO F2 Pro is priced as follows:
- 6GB/128GB: €499 (around P27,160 or $542)
- 8GB/256GB: €599 (P32,604 or $651)
Take note that the model that got its global debut is 5G-enabled, so now we’re wondering if the company will sell that variant here or bring a 4G version. We can’t wait to find out.
POCO F2 Pro
- 6.67-inch FHD+, 2,400 x 1,080 AMOLED screen with HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with 5G
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 12GB/256GB storage
- Quad 64MP, f/1.69 (main), 13MP (ultra wide), 5MP (macro), 2MP (depth) rear cameras
- 20MP (main) front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- 4,700mAh battery with 30-watt USB-C fast charging
- POCO Launcher 2.0 based on Android 10
- Colors: Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, and Cyber Grey
Share this Post