The OPPO A15, which debuted in October, hasn’t arrived in the Philippines yet. Or probably won’t be. But OPPO is already launching another variant of the said model.
After getting certified in different countries, the OPPO A15s has been spotted to go official in India soon. The poster below shows that the handset looks like the regular A15. It has three rear cameras and a 6.52-inch HD+ screen, too. However, the A15s model now has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage instead of just up to 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
Sometimes, phone manufacturers just change the memory configuration of a unit and call it something else. We wonder if it’s the same case here. However, in the Facebook post of an India-based retailer, the OPPO A15s is supposedly powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 chip and features a 5,000mAh battery.
Recall that the A15, which is priced from ₹9,990 (around P6,522 or $135), has a MediaTek Helio P35 processor inside and a 4,230mAh battery to power it up. You can see the latter’s specs below.
- 6.52-inch LCD display, waterdrop, 1,600 x 720 resolution, 60Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 processor
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 32GB storage
- Triple 13-megapixel, f/2.2 main; 2-megapixel, f/2.4 depth; and 2-megapixel, f/2.4 macro rear cameras
- 5-megapixel, f/2.4 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)
- 4,230mAh battery with 10-watt charging
- ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10
- Color options: Dynamic Black, Fancy White, and Mystery Blue
There’s also one smartphone retailer encouraging consumers to visit its store if they want to buy the OPPO A15s now. So we believe OPPO will be officially announcing the availability of the device soon.
Will the OPPO A15s be released in the Philippines, too? Or will the company skip this model here? Let’s see.
Share this Post