Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Earlier, we reported about the OPPO A74 5G’s availability at the brand’s official stores on Shopee and Lazada. Today, we finally have details of the postpaid plans on offer for OPPO Philippines’ most affordable 5G phone yet.
At Globe Telecom, new subscribers may take home the OPPO A74 5G without any cash out with the telco’s GPlan 1499. For P1,499 — or roughly $31 — a month, they get to enjoy the following:
- 10GB of data;
- unlimited all-network texts;
- unli all-net calls and calls to DUO and landline;
- 3GB of GoWiFi;
- 24/7 teleconsult with healthcare professionals via KonsultaMD; and
- GInsure (three months of COVID-19 and dengue coverage of up to P140,500 [$2,913] or Income Loss Protection due to Accidents coverage of P100,000 [$2,073]from Singlife).
Each 24-month subscription comes with a free pair of Rock Space EB51 Earbuds valued at P3,199 ($66) for a limited time.
At Smart Communications, the plan being advertised by the smartphone company is Smart Signature S with Device Plan 999, in which new postpaid subscribers shell out P999 ($21) a month for two years and P2,900 ($60) for a new line. These are the offer’s inclusions:
- 5GB of data;
- unlimited all-network texts and calls;
- 50 minutes of calls to PLDT.
We think one should consider any of the two Signature 5G with Device Plans, though, to truly take advantage of the OPPO A74 5G’s capability to access Smart’s 5G network. Assuming he or she can afford to pay the higher monthly fee, of course.
Smart Signature L 5G with Device costs P2,299 ($48) every 30 days and comes with 30GB of 5G or 4G data, Unli AllNet Calls & Texts, and 150 minutes of calls to PLDT. Smart Signature XL 5G with Device, on the other hand, has a monthly P3,299 ($68) fee and gets 60GB of 5G or 4G data, Unli AllNet Calls & Texts, and 300 minutes of calls to PLDT. There’s no initial cash out for any of the two postpaid plans.
OPPO A74 5G specs
The OPPO A74 5G, priced at P15,999 ($332) at retail, is one of the first devices to use Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 480, the chipmaker’s first 5G SoC for the masses. It boasts a 5,000mAh battery that supports 18-watt fast charging over USB-C and a 6.5-inch screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. You can see the rest of its specs below.
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 8nm processor
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel main, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth-sensing
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C fast charging
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 162.9mm × 74.7mm × 8.4mm dimensions
- Color options: Fluid Black, Space Silver
Share this Post