In case you haven’t heard, the Diablo Immortal closed beta has finally gone live alongside a number of new updates, including the highly anticipated addition of the Necromancer class (one of six classes that will be available at global launch) and controller support.
Diablo Immortal beta trailer
Even better, you no longer need an invite code to play the hack-and-slash RPG mobile game if you live in Canada or Australia, where the beta is currently running. Servers will open in South Korea, Japan, and China at a later date.
According to Blizzard, one of the game’s developers (alongside China’s NetEase), the closed beta may run for about three months to give players enough time to test the game’s late-game content and systems. Oh, and the early build is limited to Android users in the abovementioned countries. That’s a shame, because, as we recently found out, Diablo Immortal is surprisingly a hell of a lot of fun — and, perhaps importantly, sticks close to the formula of earlier Diablo games that got us hooked to the franchise.
Fortunately, you don’t need to be in Canada or Australia to play Diablo Immortal on your Android phone or tablet; you just need to follow our simple guide on how to download and play the game on your device right now.
- The first step is to download a VPN app for your Android device. In our test, we used ExpressVPN, which is about as reliable — and pricey — as VPNs come. A free account is fine, as you only need a VPN to create or sign in to your Google account and download the game on the Play Store. You don’t need to use a VPN every time you launch the game.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server in Australia.
- Once connected, create a new Google account (which will be based in Australia, thanks to your VPN).
- Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device, then log in using your newly created Google account.
- Clear the Play Store app’s cache and data under your device’s Settings app.
- Launch the Play Store app again. Use the search bar at the top of the screen to find the Diablo Immortal app.
- If you followed this guide thus far, you should be able to download the game, as opposed to signing up for it and getting a notification once it becomes available in your location.
- At this point, you can now disable the VPN service on your device. Open the game, then create a closed-beta account based in Australia.
That’s it! Again, you don’t need a VPN to play the game. Just be sure to use the account you created whenever you log in to the Diablo Immortal closed beta. Good luck, and happy gaming!
Share this Post