It’s a gaming phone, but you may want to treat it as a tablet as well.
The Lenovo Legion Y90, which debuted in China alongside the Legion Y700 tablet, is large at 6.92 inches. It’s just a few inches shy of an unfolded OPPO Find N, so it should give you more screen real estate to play games on. We’re not surprised that its Samsung E4 AMOLED display has high refresh and touch-sampling rates of 144Hz and 720Hz, respectively. The 3.4ms latency and 1,300 peak brightness are satisfactory, too.
But for us, the main highlight here is the device’s dual storage. At least for the highest-specced model. The top-end version packs 640GB of storage, which is split into two — 512GB UFS 3.1 + 128GB SSD in RAID 0 — to go along with 18GB of RAM that can be extended up to 22GB and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 flagship 5G chip. The said variant costs ¥5,299, or around P43,156 in Philippine pesos and $839 in U.S. dollars. Here are the complete prices of the available Lenovo Legion Y90 configurations:
- 12GB + 256GB: ¥4,299 (P35,011 or $681)
- 16GB + 256GB: ¥4,599 (P37,455 or $729)
- 18GB + 640GB: ¥5,299 (P43,156 or $839)
This Android 12-based Lenovo gaming smartphone has a horizontal orientation, just like the model before it, except that the front-facing camera is not a pop-up anymore; it’s located in the bezel. Expect shoulder buttons on the side that serve as L1, L2, R1, and R2 keys; dual pressure-sensitive areas on the screen (L3 and R3); two Z-axis linear motors; dual stereo speakers; rear cameras that are placed at the center; and an RGB-lit logo.
A huge part of the Legion Y90’s internal surface area is for thermal management, which is good, considering the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is said to run hot.
Playing games on the Lenovo device should give you an uninterrupted experience, thanks to a large battery, rated at 5,600mAh. And if you need to top it up, you can use the Y90 immediately, because it supports 68 watts of fast charging; going from 0% to 100% will take about 35 minutes.
The teaser video that Lenovo released in January
Lenovo Legion Y90 specs
- 6.92-inch AMOLED screen, FHD+, 144Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch-sampling rate, HDR10+
- 4nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor with 5G
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB/16GB/18GB RAM
- 256GB/640GB (512GB UFS + 128GB SSD) storage
- Dual 64-megapixel main, 13-megapixel ultra-wide rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Under-display fingerprint sensor
- 5,600mAh battery with 68-watt USB-C fast charging
- ZUI 13 based on Android 12
- Color: Black
Share this Post