A fairly new Galaxy J series smartphone has quietly gone on sale in the Philippines. Launched first in India end-May, the Samsung Galaxy J4 has a P9,990 (or roughly $187) price tag in the country.
Unfortunately, you can only buy it online or through an operator. At the time of posting, only these four are selling the Galaxy J4:
- Samsung’s official store on Shopee Philippines (preorder; ships with a free 3,000mAh Samsung Battery Pack in seven days);
- Samsung’s official store on Lazada Philippines (out of stock);
- Argomall (preorder; no word on when it’s shipping the device); and
- Globe Telecom (in stock).
Unlike the Galaxy J6 and J8 — the other two phones it was announced with — the Samsung Galaxy J4 does not get the Infinity Display treatment. It features a 5.5-inch AMOLED display with a traditional aspect ratio of 16:9, not 18.5:9.
Available in black and gold, it’s a device for the bargain basement through and through. The Exynos 7570 processor that powers it has four CPU cores running at 1.4GHz and a single-core Mali-T720 on the graphics front. The chip is paired with 2GB of RAM. However, the variant that’s retailing here has 32GB of expandable storage. Recall that in India, they only have the 16GB ROM version.
Other features of the Samsung Galaxy J4 include 13- and 5-megapixel cameras with LED flash on the rear and front, respectively; Android 8.0 Oreo-based Samsung Experience UI; and a 3,000mAh battery.
The Galaxy J4 will soon be joined by the Samsung Galaxy J8, which will go on preorder in the Philippines starting July 21.
Samsung Galaxy J4 specs
- 5.5-inch AMOLED display, 1,280 x 720 resolution (16:9)
- Quad-core Exynos 7570 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB expandable memory
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera with LED flash
- 3,000mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo
Share this Post