The latest M series entry will go on sale in India first for ₹19,990, or roughly P14,920 or $287. It will be available through Amazon and the local Samsung Online Shop June 18. It comes in Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue gradient colors.
The Samsung Galaxy M40’s impressive combination of hardware includes a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675, the same spec powering the Redmi Note 7 Pro; triple back-facing cameras; and a hole-punch LCD display that accommodates a 16-megapixel selfie cam. The Korean OEM pairs the processor with 6GB RAM and 128GB of expandable storage, while the fast-charging battery is rated at 3,500mAh.
For optics, the primary sensor is 32 megapixels and sits behind f/1.7 lens. The rear camera setup also includes an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle shooter and a 5-megapixel depth sensor for bokeh.
The display, which utilizes the same design as the Samsung S10 lineup for a 91.8-percent screen ratio, is 6.3 inches diagonally and runs a resolution of 2,340 x 1,080. The front panel is also said to be protected by Corning Gorilla Glass to help protect it from dings and scratches.
Although we have yet to hear about a Philippine launch event for the Samsung Galaxy M40, there’s a good chance it could be available here, but only through online channels.
Samsung Galaxy M40 official video
Samsung Galaxy M40 specs
- 6.3-inch PLS LCD display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution (19.5:9) with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB expandable storage
- Triple 32MP (f/1.7), 8MP (f/2.2, ultra-wide), 5MP (f/2.2, depth) rear cameras
- Hole-punch 16MP front camera (f/2.0)
- Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- 3,500mAh battery with 15-watt fast charging
- One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue colors
Share this Post