MediaTek’s Dimensity 800 5G chip was launched in January with the goal of bringing flagship features, power, and performance to premium midrange 5G phones. Today, we finally see a unit that uses it.
The OPPO A92s has silently gone official in China, with price tags that are attractive for what the smartphone offers; the 6GB and 8GB models cost only ¥2,199 (around P15,798 or $311) and ¥2,499 (P17,953 or $353), respectively. Storage is set at 128GB. Whether OPPO Philippines will bring any of the variants here is another matter, though.
The OPPO A92s features a squircle camera module on the back, and in it are 48-megapixel main, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth sensors. Up front are two selfie cameras — 16-megapixel primary and 2-megapixel super-wide ones — housed in a pill-shaped punch hole on the upper-left side of the screen.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Ace 2 gaming-focused phone launched
The 6.57-inch display may be of the LCD variety, but it has one of the highest refresh rates. Imagine 120Hz, the same as that of devices such as the OnePlus 8 Pro, ASUS ROG Phone 2, and Razer Phone 2. Which means the A92s should be great for activities like gaming.
This new OPPO phone also comes with a side-mounted fingerprint reader, a 4,000mAh battery with support for 18-watt fast charging, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and Android 10-based ColorOS 7.1.
The black and white color options of the OPPO A92s are already up for preorder in China, with availability scheduled for April 29.
OPPO A92s specs
- 6.57-inch waterdrop LCD display, FHD+ resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch-sampling rate
- Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 800 processor with 5G
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB expandable storage
- Quad 48-megapixel (main, Sony IMX586), 8-megapixel (ultra wide), 2-megapixel (macro), 2-megapixel (depth) rear cameras
- Dual 16-megapixel (main), 2-megapixel (depth) front cameras
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 4,000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging via USB-C
- ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10
Share this Post