OPPO has lifted the veil off the first smartphone under the series that it separated from the Reno line.
(Update, May 31: The EVA Limited Edition of this phone is smokin’! Check out Unboxing of OPPO’s ‘Evangelion’ phone makes us want it more.)
The OPPO Ace 2 5G phone is now official, with specs that scream premium. In China, it has the following price tags:
- 8GB RAM/128GB storage: ¥3,999 (around P28,695 or $567)
- 8GB RAM/256GB storage: ¥4,399 (P31,565 or $624)
- 12GB RAM/256GB storage: ¥4,599 (P33,000 or $652)
Just like the OPPO Find X2 Pro, the OPPO Ace 2 is powered by one of the most powerful — if not the most powerful — chips today, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865.
Antutu Benchmark scores officially released ahead of the launch give us an idea of the device’s performance. Marks of 615,984 and 627,553 (when placed in a refrigerator) are two of the highest we’ve seen thus far.
But unlike the Find handset, this one is geared mainly towards mobile gamers, complete with features such as Breeno game-voice assistant, a cooling system, and Hyper Boost 3.0, which brings network tweaks and optimizations for select games, allowing them to run faster and smoother.
Of course, there’s the 6.55-inch screen’s fast refresh rate of 90Hz, too. A higher rate is synonymous with smoother picture. And you should be able to enjoy uninterrupted gaming, thanks to the 65-watt Super VOOC 2.0 technology.
The OPPO Ace 2 also features a a 48-megapixel quad camera, a 16-megapixel selfie shooter housed in a punch hole, and a fingerprint sensor under the display.
We’re not sure if the Ace 2 is ever going to be sold in the Philippines, but we’re hoping the unit — or at least the series — will be, for the sake of variety. It may be hard to launch smartphones in the age of the COVID-19 pandemic, so let’s see…
OPPO Ace 2 specs
- 6.55-inch OLED display, punch hole, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 91.8% screen ratio, 402ppi, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch-sampling rate
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with dual-mode 5G
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage
- Quad 48-megapixel (main, Sony IMX586, f/1.7), 8-megapixel (ultra wide, f/2.2), two 2-megapixel (portrait, f/2.2) rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- Fingerprint reader (under display)
- 4,000mAh dual battery with support for 65-watt Super VOOC 2.0 fast charging, 40-watt AirVOOC wireless flash charging
- ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10
- Hyper Boost 3.0
- 4D Fever Cooling System
- Breeno voice-game assistant
- Colors: Aurora Silver, Moon Rock Gray, Fantasy Purple
Share this Post