Last month, Huawei announced its new EMUI 10.1 software based on Android 10 alongside the Huawei P40 series.
(Update, June 26: Stable version for select devices released in the Philippines! Read Huawei phones in PH that can be updated to EMUI 10.1.)
EMUI 10.1 already ships with the Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus smartphones, as well as the Huawei MatePad Pro tablet. Three of the devices are available for preorder in the Philippines, with the 4G variant of the MatePad Pro priced at P32,990 (around $650), whereas the P40 and P40 Pro will run you P36,990 ($729) and P50,990 ($1,005), respectively.
If you own an older Huawei device eligible for EMUI 10.1, the good news is that you can already sign up for the closed beta program from the official Huawei Beta app. Here’s how you can join the program.
- Download the Huawei Beta app from the company’s website. Make sure to download the correct version of the app for your device, as there are different versions for EMUI 9.1 and EMUI 10.0 devices.
- Launch the Beta app.
- Log in using your Huawei account.
- Select “Personal” at the bottom bar of the app.
- Choose “Join project,” then tap on the “Available project” tab on the upper right of your screen.
- If your device is eligible and the beta testing has begun in your country, the EMUI 10.1 beta project should appear, along with the option to sign up at the bottom of the page.
After signing up, you’ll have to wait for Huawei to validate your application, which, in our experience, can take several days. After successfully enrolling your device in the program, you’ll need to download and install the EMUI 10.1 update by launching the Settings app, then going to “Software update” under “System & updates.”
The EMUI 10.1 beta program has a quota of 300 devices per model, and registrations will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis
It bears noting that the EMUI 10.1 beta program has a quota of 300 devices per model, and registrations will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Which Huawei devices can be upgraded to EMUI 10.1?
Check out the rollout plan for Huawei smartphones and tablets that can be upgraded to EMUI 10.1 below.
- Huawei P30: mid-April
- Huawei P30 Pro: mid-April
- Huawei Mate 30 4G: mid-April
- Huawei Mate 30 5G: mid-April
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G: mid-April
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G: mid-April
- Huawei Mate 30 RS: mid-April
- Huawei Mate 20: recruitment has started
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro: recruitment has started
- Huawei Mate 20 RS: recruitment has started
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G: recruitment has started
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G: late April
- Huawei Mate Xs: late April
- Huawei Mate X: late April
- Huawei Nova 6: recruitment has started
- Huawei Nova 6 5G: recruitment has started
- Huawei Nova 6 SE: recruitment has started
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro: mid-April
- Huawei Nova 5: early April
- Huawei Nova 5T: recruitment has started
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro: early April
- Huawei Nova 5Z: early April
- Huawei Y7p: recruitment has started
- Huawei Enjoy 10S: late April
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8: recruitment has started
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4: recruitment has started
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition: recruitment has started
EMUI 10.1 builds upon the previous iteration, both in terms of features and tweaks. It also introduces a new app called Huawei MeeTime, which allows for high-resolution video calls even on slower networks, as well as the ability to share your screen with the person at the other end of the call. It will likewise optimize video quality in low-light conditions.
The software update includes a Multi-Screen Collaboration feature as well, for conveniently switching between Huawei devices to get some work done. There’s even a new AI assistant in “Hey Celia,” which can be used to make a call, send a text message, set an alarm, and create a calendar appointment, among others.
Huawei MeeTime: Just one of the features on EMUI 10.1. For others, go to this YouTube account…
…or better yet, jump to the 1:20:24 mark of the ‘Huawei P40 series online launch’ video
Share this Post