Two days after the global launch of the POCO M3, Xiaomi‘s Redmi announced the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, Redmi Note 9 5G, and Redmi Note 9 4G for the Chinese market. Will any of the new Notes ever be released in countries like the Philippines?
(Update, January 8: We know this is what you’ve been waiting for: Redmi 9T, Redmi Note 9T 5G unveiled. Prices, specs here.)
(Update, January 5: Guess what? The Redmi 9T is launching on the same day as the Redmi Note 9T 5G!)
A tipster has shared what he dug up from the database of the Federal Communications Commission, showing that a tweaked version of the Redmi Note 9 4G (M2010J19SC) could launch outside China as the Redmi 9T.
Below is a screenshot of a table in the database comparing the POCO M3 — which bears the model numbers M2010J19CG and M2010J19CT — with the upcoming smartphone.
But while China’s Redmi Note 9 4G has three cameras on the back, the Redmi 9T is seen to have four; there’s an extra 2-megapixel macro sensor. And if we add the POCO M3 to the equation, you’ll see that the three actually have the same specs; their only difference is in the rear-camera department.
Basically 3 phones with same hw specs, but with diff. cameras & design. Making the most out of 1 phone.— Sudhanshu (@Sudhanshu1414) November 27, 2020
48MP + 2MP Macro + 2MP Depth
Redmi Note 9 4G:
48MP + 8MP Ultra-Wide + 2MP Depth
48MP + 8MP Ultra-Wide + 2MP Depth + 2MP Macrohttps://t.co/rPOucUnrFo
POCO M3, Redmi Note 9 4G (China), and Redmi 9T: How they’re supposedly different
Let’s say the leakster is indeed right. Let’s take a look at the respective prices of the first two phones to get an idea of how much the Redmi 9T is going to be at launch.
- POCO M3 in the Philippines
- 4GB/64GB: P6,990 (around $145)
- 4GB/128GB: P7,990 ($166)
- Redmi Note 9 4G in China
- 4GB/128GB: ¥999 (P7,310 or $152)
- 6GB/128GB: ¥1,099 (P8,042 or $167)
- 8GB/128GB: ¥1,299 (P9,505 or $198)
- 8GB/256GB: ¥1,499 (P10,968 or $228)
Alleged specs of Redmi 9T
- 6.53-inch LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 60Hz refresh rate
- 11nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 storage (UFS 2.2 for 128GB variant)
- Quad 48-megapixel, f/1.8 (main), 8-megapixel (ultra-wide), 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (depth), 2-megapixel, f/2.4 (macro) rear cameras
- 8-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 6,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C charging
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Color options: Green, blue, orange, black
Share this Post