This is it! What image-quality ratings site DxOMark deems the smartphone with the best front and rear cameras finally has local pricing and launch date.
(Update, December 10: We show you why the Huawei Mate 40 Pro is made for vlogging!)
Huawei Philippines has revealed that the Huawei Mate 40 Pro is priced at P55,999 (roughly $1,164) in the country. Better yet, it will already be available in the country starting December 4. And if you buy it any time between the 4th and 6th, you’ll get a free P3,999 ($83) Ring Light Case, which was especially made for the device and is a pretty interesting accessory in and of itself.
We’ve had the 5G flagship phone for about three weeks now. You may have even seen our unboxing and initial impressions of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro. And while we have yet to post our full review, we can already say that the best thing we like about it is its ability to take impressive, stable videos — besides great pictures, of course. If you’re into vlogging and you don’t like bringing a bulky camera, then seriously consider getting this as your “mate.”
With its global launch in October came the debut of Kirin 9000, a 5G chip manufactured by TSMC on a 5nm process and made Huawei the first OEM to offer 5nm chipsets with an integrated 5G modem — saving on power usage, cost, and space. It’s matched with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
Other notable features of the Huawei Mate 40 include a 6.76-inch screen with 88-degree curves and 90Hz refresh and 240Hz touch-sampling rates; an IP68 water- and dust-resistance rating; a battery rated at 4,400mAh and supports 66-watt of USB-C charging and 50-watt of wireless fast charging; and Huawei Share, which comes with EMUI 11.
Huawei then, Huawei now
You can see a summary of the Mate 40 Pro’s specs below, with further explanation of the smartphone’s best features in the press release right after the specs sheet.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro specs
- 6.76-inch curved OLED display, 2,772 x 1,344 resolution, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core 5nm Kirin 9000 processor with built-in 5G
- Mali-G78 MP24 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB storage
- Quad 50-megapixel, f/1.9 (main), 20-megapixel (Cine ultra-wide), 12-megapixel (periscope telephoto) with OIS, TOF 3D rear cameras, in
- 13-megapixel (Cine), f/2.4, TOF 3D front cameras
- Fingerprint reader (in-display)
- 4,400mAh battery with 66-watt USB-C charging, 50-watt wireless fast charging
- EMUI 11 based on Android 10, Huawei Mobile Services
- IP68 rating
- Color options: Mystic Silver, Black, White, Yellow (leather), Green (leather)
Huawei Mate 40 Pro press release
Share this Post