Huawei P40 and Mate 30 series phones released in the Philippines received the latest EMUI version in December. But when are the other devices going to get it?
Huawei Philippines has announced that the rest of the units will be upgraded by March 2021. Here is the local release schedule of the EMUI 11 update, which will be rolled out over the air:
- December 15, 2020 (done): Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro Plus, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro 4G, Mate 30 Pro 5G
- January 20, 2021: Huawei Mate XS
- January 27, 2021: Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- February 28, 2021: Huawei P30, P30 Pro
- March 3, 2021: Huawei Nova 5T
- March 21, 2021: Huawe Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS
EMUI 11 preview video we published on the day the latest EMUI version was launched, in early September
Announced in September 2020, EMUI 11 — as Huawei says — brings “notable range of new software features, improvements to privacy and security, and a smoother and more intuitive user experience to help devices stay faster.” And it is something we can attest as well, having been using Huawei phones with the new platform for around four months now.
Android 10-based EMUI 11 delivers a better cross-device experience, as it’s built on the company’s all-scenario ecosystem, where work can be done and transferred seamlessly between different devices and platforms without relying on third-party app. Here are some of its features:
- a smart always-on display that allows you to customize your screen;
- a privacy-based screen-projection function that limits showing of messages and incoming calls on the external display;
- a multi-window that makes opening of apps in a floating window possible; and
- a notepad that lets you edit notes simultaneously from different Huawei devices.
Share this Post