Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Modern finance tools like digital-only banks, mobile wallets, and payment platforms are more popular than ever — and they’re only getting bigger. BDO, one of the biggest banks in the Philippines, is the latest name to throw its hat into the ring with the launch of BDO Pay, a new mobile wallet accessible through your smartphone, similar to GCash and PayMaya.
You can download the BDO Pay app from the Google Play Store, Huawei AppGallery, or App Store. It’s free, but you need to sign up for digital banking on your BDO account to use the app. Yes, you need an active account for BDO Pay. The good news is that you can open a BDO savings account online without going to a branch. Additionally, you can activate BDO App in minutes; you won’t need to submit any documents digitally or take a Zoom call from a stranger.
With BDO’s mobile wallet, you can do the following:
- Send money to other BDO Pay users using only their mobile numbers.
- Request money from other BDO Pay users in your contacts. The app will automatically scan your phone’s address book for other BDO Pay customers. This is especially convenient if you’re trying to get someone to pay the money they owe you. (We’re kidding — or are we?)
- Pay billers, including credit cards, utilities, loans, and many more, with just a few taps on your app.
- Scan QR codes to make purchases online and offline.
- Split bills with up to five other BDO Pay users.
Sounds interesting? Check out this step-by-step guide on how you can enable BDO Pay on your phone now.
- Open the app and enter the mobile number registered to your BDO digital banking account.
- Enter your online-banking details.
- Choose how you wish to verify your login (online via a one-time password generated by BDO’s online platform or an OTP sent to your mobile). We chose the latter because it’s much more convenient.
- Choose which BDO account/accounts you would like to connect to BDO Pay.
- Create a 6-digit PIN for logging in and securing payments.
- Choose how you would like to secure your transactions — through the 6-digit PIN you just created or your device’s fingerprint scanner, assuming it has one.
That’s it! You can begin using BDO Pay starting today.
Share this Post