Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
The company has just launched the Xiaomi Mi 10S — basically an updated Mi 10 version — in China, making it only one of three smartphones that is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 870 at this time.
The high-end 5G chip is essentially a Snapdragon 865 Plus, but with higher clock speeds for both the CPU and GPU. Its high-performance Cortex-A77 core runs up to 3.2GHz, as compared with the Snapdragon 865’s 2.84GHz Cortex-A77 and the 3.13GHz Cortex-A77 in the Kirin 9000. Antutu benchmark scores we saw being shared on Chinese social media platform Weibo put the unit’s average rating at around 650,000. The one shared by Xiaomi is at 691,172.
The Xiaomi Mi 10S has dethroned the ASUS ROG Phone 5 to become Dxomark’s highest-rated smartphone in the audio-quality category
The Xiaomi Mi 10S boasts stereo speakers tuned by Harman Kardon and has dethroned the ASUS ROG Phone 5 to become Dxomark’s highest-rated smartphone in the audio-quality category.
The testing platform has this to say about the Mi 10S after placing reviewing it: “Part of what was impressive was how well the device performed in areas that are commonly the source of struggle — particularly in producing good bass and low-end extension, which had a carry-on effect in other areas, allowing for good tonal balance, bass precision, and punch. Timbre performance was great, with good midrange. This device also produced almost no artifacts in playback.”
The phone also comes with a 4,780mAh battery that supports 33-watt wired and 30-watt wireless fast charging, a 108-megapixel quad camera, a 20-megapixel selfie shooter, a 6.67-inch punch-hole AMOLED screen, and Android 11 on top of MIUI 12.
In China, the Xiaomi Mi 10S’ three memory configurations have the following suggested retail prices:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage: ¥3,299 (roughly P24,633 in Philippine pesos or $507 in U.S. dollars)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB storage: ¥3,499 (P26,126 or $537)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage: ¥3,799 (P28,366 or $583)
Xiaomi Mi 10S
- 6.67-inch AMOLED display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling, 1,120 nits peak brightness, HDR10+ and DCI-P3 support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 with 5G
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Quad 108-megapixel (main), 8-megapixel (ultra wide), 2-megapixel (depth), 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras
- 20-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under display)
- 4,780mAh dual battery with 33-watt USB-C wired fast charging and 30-watt wireless fast charging
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- Colors: Black, blue, and white
Pictures via Weibo
Share this Post