Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
The OPPO A74 4G may already be available in the Philippines, but we’re not sure if its 5G version is ever landing here. The latter, however, is now up for preorder in a neighboring country.
(Update, June 11: Our review of the OPPO A74 5G is up!)
We found out that consumers who are based in Thailand will be able to pre-purchase the 6GB/128GB OPPO A74 5G online until today, April 4, for only ฿8,590 (around P13,329 or $$275) — with freebies worth a total of ฿6,996 (P10,856 or $224). Outside the promo period, the smartphone is regularly priced at ฿8,999 (P13,964 or $288).
As expected, the OPPO A74 5G uses an 8nm Snapdragon 480 processor, Qualcomm’s first 5G chip for the masses that was introduced to the commercial market with the launch of the Vivo Y31s 5G in January.
Unlike the 4G variant, this model has a slightly bigger punch-hole screen at 6.5 inches that boasts a 90Hz refresh rate instead of just 60Hz. Unfortunately, the AMOLED panel has been downgraded to LCD. Another thing: Its 5,000mAh battery’s maximum fast-charging support is only 18 watts and not 33 watts anymore. On the bright side, the OPPO A74 5G gets an ultra-wide sensor.
OPPO A74 5G specs
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 resolution, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 8nm processor
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel main, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth-sensing
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (under-display)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C fast charging
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 162.9mm × 74.7mm × 8.4mm dimensions
- Color options: Fluid Black, Silver
Share this Post