We wonder if Tecno Mobile‘s most premium smartphone is ever going to land in the Philippines.
(Update, January 3: Is the Tecno Phantom X’s camera as great as the brand makes it out to be? Check out our camera test!)
Yes, the brand, whose mother company was the No. 4 in the country last quarter, has a new handset in the Tecno Phantom X. And it’s already up for preorder in Nigeria, with an availability set for July 1. It’s priced at ₦228,000 — or roughly P27,004 in Philippine pesos and $555 in U.S. dollars.
The Tecno Phantom X boasts a 6.7-inch, 90Hz Super AMOLED display that reminds us of the Huawei P40 Pro‘s panel — curved with two cutouts for the 48-megapixel main and 8-megapixel ultra-wide front-facing cameras. The company calls it a 3D borderless screen.
The back is equally pleasing. You’ll see a vertical camera module that houses three cameras headlined by a 50-megapixel primary one with a big, 1/1.3-inch sensor. Expect features such as laser focus, Super Night View 3.0, Super Night Portrait, and portrait light effects. You’ll be able to shoot in 4K at 60 frames per second as well. Or take slow-motion videos up to 960 fps, 4K time-lapse clips, and just about anything in Movie mode.
Yes, the Phantom X is big on display and cameras. It likewise has a 4,700mAh battery that Tecno claims can get from 0% to 70% with 30 minutes of charging; user interface based on Android 11; 8GB of RAM; and 256GB of storage. We would have wanted to see a better, 5G-ready chip than the MediaTek Helio G95 for the phone’s price, though.
Tecno Phantom X specs
- 6.7-inch AMOLED curved screen, FHD+, 90Hz refresh rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 12nm octa-core MediaTek Helio G95 processor
- Mali-G76 MP4 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB storage
- Triple 50-megapixel (main), 13-megapixel (telephoto), 8-megapixel (ultra wide) rear cameras
- 48-megapixel (main), 8-megapixel (ultra wide) front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (under-display)
- 4,700mAh battery with 33-watt USB-C fast charging
- HiOS Android 11
- Colors: Starry Night Blue and Monet’s Summer
Share this Post