One of the most value-priced 5G phones that are available in the Philippines will be joined by a new variant soon.
The Realme 8 5G with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage will launch July 15 on e-commerce platform Shopee. Recall that when the handset became official in the country a few weeks ago, only the 8GB/128GB version was released (check out our review here). The said model costs P11,990 (roughly $240 converted). The upcoming one, on the other hand, gets a suggested retail price of P10,990 ($220). And if you buy it on the 15th, you can have it for only P9,490 ($190).
Will the new Realme 8 5G version be rolled out to offline shops? Yes, it will be available at nearly 600 Realme stores and more than 4,000 partner dealers nationwide. Just stay tuned to the brand’s social media pages for more updates.
As the most affordable 5G-ready Realme smartphone, the Realme 8 5G is the company’s way of making the latest generation of mobile network accessible to more Filipinos. It is powered by a 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 700 chip; boasts a large battery rated at 5,000mAh; has support for 18-watt fast charging over a USB-C port; and comes with a 6.5-inch Full HD+ screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. You can see the rest of its specs below.
Realme 8 5G specs
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD display, 2,400 x 1,080 (FHD+) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.5% screen-body ratio, up to 600 nits brightness
- 7nm octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor with 5G
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB storage, expandable up to 1TB
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel main; 2-megapixel black and white; and 2-megapixel macro
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint reader (side-mounted)
- 5,000mAh battery with 18-watt USB-C charging
- Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11
- Color options: Supersonic Blue and Supersonic Black
Share this Post