A week after announcing NBA 2K22 for consoles and PC, 2K revealed new details, including screenshots and features of the upcoming basketball sim, which features cover athletes Luka Dončić, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Candace Parker, and Rui Hachimura.
Three of the screenshots released earlier show Luka, Dirk, and Candace in next-gen form.
From what we’ve been given so far, it looks like the graphics of NBA 2K22 will turn out to be more of a refinement or an incremental upgrade rather than a generational leap. That’s not to say the game doesn’t look good; Luka, for one, does look a lot like himself in NBA 2K22 than in last year’s release, where he looked too skinny. The first gameplay trailer of NBA 2K22 comes out later in August.
Luka Dončić’s face scan looked great, but his body type wasn’t accurate in NBA 2K21. No offense, Luka
To recap, NBA 2K22 will launch September 10 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The Standard Edition is priced at $59.99 (around P3,006) on previous-gen platforms, including the PlayStation 4, Xbox One consoles, Nintendo Switch, and PC (unfortunately). For PS5 and Xbox Series X/S owners, the next-gen release costs $69.99 (P3,507) on the said consoles.
NBA2K22 will offer the following features and gameplay changes:
- Impactful gameplay changes give the player not only more control over how they score, but also how they counter those moves on the defensive end.
- On offense, breaking down defenders off the dribble with signature moves and combos, precision shooting, dunking in traffic, and pulling off alley-oops have all become more skill-based.
- On the defensive end, a completely revamped shot-contest and blocking system highlight the arsenal of new defensive tools at a player’s disposal. Elite defenders should now be able to change the outcome of a game.
- NBA 2K22’s Seasons feature will allow players to extend and enhance their hoop ambitions long after the game’s launch. It will be free for all 2K22 gamers in MyTeam, MyCareer, and The W modes, offering more content, more rewards, and more ways to play.
- This year, Seasons will introduce an all-new way to level up your MyPlayer and earn prizes in the City (for PS5 and XBS owners) and in the Neighborhood (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC).
- MyTeam for NBA 2K22 will continue to expand with each new Season and now includes MyTeam: Draft, where you build your lineup from a constantly updated pool of players. An original new game mode will be introduced to MyTeam this holiday season.
- MyTeam progress and collections, as well as VC wallet, MyTeam Point, and MyTeam Token balances, will be transferable between consoles that are within the same platform family.
- PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players will step up and hoop in a new version of the City, while PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC players will compete on the decks of a sailing cruise ship. The City now allows users to enter select matchmaking buildings to be placed into immediate competition. An all-new Quest system for next-gen 2K22 will debut as well.
- MyCareer for next gen will let you pursue side ventures in the fashion and music worlds, while also managing an upgradeable home base in the City. Those playing on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC will get a more traditional MyCareer experience.
Share this Post