Make way for the successor to the OnePlus 9 Pro. The OnePlus 10 Pro has gone official in China, with the global launch still unannounced at this time.
The new flagship phone brings with it a more powerful chipset, a tougher screen with a more flexible refresh rate, a sharper selfie camera, a bigger battery with support for faster charging, and the latest Android OS version.
At the heart of the OnePlus 10 Pro is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, currently the most powerful SoC that’s already in devices such as the Motorola Edge X30, Xiaomi 12, and Xiaomi 12 Pro. The chip is based on a 4nm Samsung process and packs a Cortex-X2 prime core clocked at 3GHz, three Cortex-A710 performance cores operating at 2.5GHz, and four Cortex-A510 efficiency cores running at 1.8GHz. It’s enhanced by HyperBoost full-link game frame stabilization technology for optimizing one’s gaming experience.
OnePlus 10 Pro official product video
Screen protection has been upgraded from Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. Because the display is an LTPO 2.0, expect it to offer an even smoother experience, with the panel being able to refresh at variable rates between 1Hz and 120Hz and making it more power-efficient.
For capturing images, there’s a triple-camera system on the OnePlus 10 Pro’s back with Hasselblad branding and software-tuning. The setup consists of a 48-megapixel Sony IMX789 main sensor, a 50-megapixel Samsung JN1 for ultra-wide shots, and an 8-megapixel telephoto lens. Up front, inside the upper-left punch hole, is a 32-megapixel selfie camera.
Keeping this handset’s lights on is a 5,000mAh battery that can be charged at a maximum of 80 watts for wired and 50 watts for wireless. And just like other newer OnePlus smartphones in China, the latest Pro runs OPPO‘s ColorOS — one that’s based on Android 12. The international variant will most likely still be on Oxygen.
Domestic sales start from January 13, with the OnePlus 10 Pro retailing from ¥4,699 (roughly P37,805 in Philippine pesos and $738 in U.S. dollars). You can check out the prices here:
- 8GB + 128GB: ¥4,699 (P37,805 or $738)
- 8GB + 256GB: ¥4,999 (P40,220 or $785)
- 12GB + 256GB: ¥5,299 (P42,633 or $833)
OnePlus 10 Pro at a glance
OnePlus 10 Pro specs
- 6.7-inch E5 AMOLED LTPO 2.0 display, 1,440p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 4nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor with 5G
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple 48-megapixel main, 50-megapixel ultra-wide, 8-megapixel telephoto rear cameras with Hasselblad Color Calibration
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Under-display fingerprint reader
- 5,000mAh battery with 80-watt fast wired, charging, 50-watt fast wireless charging
- ColorOS 12 based on Android 12
- Color options: black, green
Share this Post