The company has started teasing the smartphone. And while it hasn’t announced when the actual release date is, the handset’s updated listing on Lazada — where the A96 will be exclusively sold, at least at launch — already says you can buy the phone starting May 5. The main information we’re waiting for is the suggested retail price. For reference, the SRP in Malaysia is RM1,299 (around P15,730 or $300).
OPPO A96 Philippine launch teaser
The OPPO A96 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G chip paired with 8GB of expandable RAM and 256GB of storage. It has a big battery — rated at 5,000mAh — that can be topped up 50% in just 26 minutes, the brand claims, thanks to its 33W SuperVOOC technology.
The 6.59-inch screen has an adaptive refresh rate of 90Hz and gets a punch hole on its upper-left side. There’s 50-megapixel dual camera on the back and a 16-megapixel one on the front. A fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side. The system is running Android 11-based ColorOS 11.1. And there will be two colors available for the Philippine market — Pearl Pink and Starry Black.
OPPO A96 specs
- 6.59-inch display, FHD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate
- 6nm octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM (+ 5GB virtual RAM)
- 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Dual 50-megapixel main, 2-megapixel portrait rear cameras
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Side fingerprint reader
- 5,000mAh battery with 33-watt USB-C charging
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- Color options: Pearl Pink, Starry Black
Share this Post