OPPO has added a new member to its A-Series of smartphones.
The OPPO A78 5G is now official, debuting in Malaysia with a suggested retail price of RM1,099, or roughly P13,857 in Philippine pesos and $250 in U.S. dollars.
It looks familiar, because its design is quite similar to how handsets such as the OPPO A17 and OPPO A17k look. And if you examine even deeper, you’ll find out that the OPPO A78 5G shares most of the specs of the OPPO A77s, too. The latter was launched in the Philippines more than two months ago.
You get 8GB RAM that can be doubled virtually, dual stereo speakers, and a 5,000mAh battery that supports 33 watts of fast charging — features that the company promotes as the A78’s highlights. You get a 6.56-inch HD+ screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, a 128GB expandable storage, a 50-megapixel dual rear camera, an 8-megapixel selfie shooter, and a power key that doubles as a fingerprint reader, too.
The difference? Besides a 5G chipset in the MediaTek Dimensity 700, the OPPO A78 5G also now comes with Android 13-based ColorOS 13 out of the box.
OPPO A78 5G specs
- 6.56-inch LCD display, HD+ (1,612 x 720) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, waterdrop notch
- 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor with 5G
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Dual 50-megapixel, f/1.8 main and 2-megapixel, f/2.4 mono rear cameras
- 8-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual stereo speakers
- 5,000mAh battery with 33-watt SUPERVOOC fast-charging technology
- ColorOS 13 based on Android 13
- Color options: Glowing Black and Glowing Purple
Share this Post