Exactly a month after Apple launched the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, two of the 2018 iPhones will finally be on their way to the Philippines soon.
At the stroke of midnight, local telecommunications company Smart Communications announced that it will start taking preorders for the iPhone XS models on October 19. At about the same time, Apple premium and authorized reseller Power Mac Center posted on Facebook that “a bigger and better display is on its way.”
Globe Telecom and other official resellers, such as Beyond the Box, have not revealed anything about the availability of the Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max at the time of posting this article. Even the Apple Philippines online store says to “check back later for availability.” Globe, however, told us at Revü that it will announce the information as soon as it’s ready to take preorders. Our guess is that it will be on October 19 as well.
(Update, 2:30 p.m., October 12: Globe Telecom has confirmed that it will start accepting preorders for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max on October 19, too.)
Off-contract prices and postpaid plans for the devices have not been disclosed yet. But in the U.S., these are the pricing for the two flagship iPhones:
- 64GB iPhone XS Max: $1,099 (roughly P59,297)
- 256GB iPhone XS Max: $1,249 (P67,390)
- 512GB iPhone XS Max: $1,449 (P78,182)
- 64GB iPhone XS: $999 (P53,902)
- 256GB iPhone XS: $1,149 (P61,995)
- 512GB iPhone XS: $1,349 (P72,786)
The Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max first rolled out to 33 countries and territories on September 21 and to over 25 more countries and territories on September 28.
On the other hand, the Apple iPhone XR, the cheapest of the three 2018 iPhones, will be up for preorder in these countries and territories beginning October 19 with availability starting October 26: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, the UK, the US, and the US Virgin Islands.
Hmm, October 19 — same preorder date for the XS models in the Philippines. Does it mean that the local release date for the more premium iDevices is October 26? If it is, then the availability for the new iPhones this year is indeed earlier than last year’s December 1 schedule. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.
(Update, 6 p.m., October 12: We were right! Availability is indeed October 26, according to the Apple Philippines online store!)
Apple iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS specs
- 6.5-inch OLED Super Retina Display, 1,242 x 2,688 resolution, 19.5:9, 458ppi (XS Max)/ 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina Display, 1,125 x 2,436 resolution, 19.5:9, 458ppi (XS)
- A12 Bionic processor
- 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB memory
- Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras (wide and telephoto lenses)
- 7-megapixel front camera
- Face ID
- Stereo sound
- IP68 water-resistance rating (2 meters depth, up to 30 minutes in water)
- Dual-SIM card support through eSIM technology
- Battery life: 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone X (XS Max) / 30 minutes longer than iPhone X (XS)
- Wireless charging
- iOS 12
Share this Post