We have a new handset contender for the “budget king” crown. Today, Realme Philippines officially launched the Realme C2 for people who’d want to switch from a feature phone to a smartphone.
(Update, June 1: Our review is up! Read Realme C2 review: Good looks and more on a budget.)
As with other products from a brand that used to be just under OPPO, the device is priced affordably. For only P5,490 (around $105), you can already own one. That’s for the Realme C2 variant with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. If you want the model with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of native storage, the price goes up to P6,490 ($124). The two will be available nationwide starting June 8. and can be purchased through a nine-month Home Credit loan plan at 0% interest.
The C2 is the fourth Realme device released in the Philippines since the company’s entry to the country in November 2018 — and the most budget-friendly at that. It brings back the diamond-cut design of the Realme 2, but instead of a glossy back, the rear panel has a matte texture this time. There’s an AI dual-camera setup consisting of 13- and 2-megapixel sensors.
On the front is a big screen spanning 6.1 inches diagonally with a small, waterdrop notch at the top for the 5-megapixel selfie camera, bringing the screen-to-body ratio to 89.35%.
Inside are a Helio P22 chip and a big battery rated at 4,000mAh. And the smartphone is already on Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6 on top of it.
A sample picture taken with the Realme C2. Our review of the budget phone should be up in a bit
Realme C2 specs
- 6.1-inch LCD display with notch, 1,560 x 720 resolution (19.5:9), 89.35% screen-to-body ratio
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB expandable storage
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2 aperture) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4 aperture) rear cameras
- 5-megapixel front camera (f/2.2 aperture)
- 4,000mAh battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack,
- microUSB 2.0 port
- Android 9.0 Pie-based ColorOS 6
- Colors: Diamond Blue and Diamond Black
Share this Post