We at Revü have confirmed that there’s currently a full-refund program for purchased Huawei smartphones and tablets in the Philippines.
(Update, June 24: It’s being offered in other countries as well! See Huawei retailer refund program in PH now in other countries. Update, June 17: Three hours after we confirmed the legitimacy of this offer, we received a press release saying that more than 30 partner retailers and dealers are part of this program.)
That is, if Google apps and services like Play Store, Gmail, and YouTube (and even popular non-Google apps like Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp) won’t function on your device from within two years of buying your unit.
When asked if the promo is legitimate, Huawei tells us that it is, adding that “it is an initiative of our distributors with our dealers.”
This is an assurance that Google apps and services can indeed be used or downloaded as normal on Huawei products that have already been sold, are currently on sale, or in stock — contrary to false rumors that are still circulating online. These rumors have been addressed on Huawei’s German site, by the way.
What are the mechanics of the program? Read on.
- The following models are included in the “2 Years of Google Apps” guarantee program:
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Lite
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei Nova 2 Lite
- Huawei Y Max
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 (Related article: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 to be released in the Philippines?)
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Huawei Y7 Pro 2019
- Huawei Y6 Pro 2019
- Huawei Y6 2018
- Huawei Y5 2019
- Huawei Y5 Lite 2018
- Huawei M5 Lite 10
- Huawei M5 Lite 8
- Huawei M3 Lite 8
- Huawei T5 10
- Huawei T3 7
- This is applicable to phones and tablets bought from June 15 to August 31 this year. However, the duration seems to vary; at MemoXpress, it’s only until August 15, 2019. We suggest you ask the store where you have purchased or are planning to buy a Huawei device.
- Proof of purchase is needed to claim the special warranty.
So if you’ve been eyeing, say, the Huawei P30 Pro but are hesitant because of the trade war between the United States and China, now is not the time to be worried.
Video you may want to watch
10 camera tips for the Huawei P30 Pro
Share this Post